[vtkusers] Mouse interaction with vtkActor2D and Renderer/RenderWindow

TJ Wilkinson tswilkin at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 26 11:31:35 EDT 2001

Charl-

I appreciate your help, but I may have misled you as to the source of my
problem.  The steps you have described are to interact with a vtkActor
representing some 3D rendered model.  I am working with 2D images on
vtkActor2D, and the interactor techniques that work with 3-D actors don't
seem to function when confronted with Actor2D.  Now, if there's something
I'm missing or perhaps you know that interacting with 2D images works,
please let me know, for I'd be happy to hear it.  But what I know now is
that interaction works fine for a vtkActor in a vtkRenderer, but there is
no interaction for a vtkActor2D in a vtkRenderer when I switch them in the
code.

I appreciate your help, and I hope I have stated my question more clearly
this time.

Sincerely,

Todd