[vtkusers] Help needed

Lakshminarasimhan Raghupathi laks at uta.edu
Fri Jun 22 14:08:12 EDT 2001

Dear vtkusers,

I am working on a fluid flow simulation model partly based on the work of
Kass and Miller. I am using vtk for implementation. I have some problem with
rendering and am wondering if you could kindly help me out.

I start out with an initial height field (a mesh which can be rendered) over
a surface and I get the output of the fluid dynamics step as a new height
field. The condition is to render only the portion of the fluid above the
original surface. But this results in a bunch of points in space with no
connectivity. I need to connect them and make smooth surfaces out of these,
so that it appears as fluid flowing. Could you tell me or lead me to some
links as to how to make surfaces out of these ? I appreciate your time in
reading through this mail. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lakshminarasimhan Raghupathi
Graduate Research Assistant
Virtual Environment Lab