[vtkusers] Inconsistencies in AA & largeImage

Jan Vittrup Hansen Jan.Vittrup at Person.dk
Thu Jul 26 10:32:41 EDT 2001

Hi,

 I have been trying to add printing capabilities to a small app I am
writting. In one window may contain four renderers showing orthogonal views
and a perspective view. Since this app is supposed to aid publication of
results, I need printing capabilities, preferebly of high resolution. I have
tried two approaches.

  o vtkRenderLargeImage - fails when I have more than one renderer.
     strangely enough it is supposed to render just one renderer, but I pass
     it one window and renders all. That would be ok if it handled
     magnification correctly. Unfortunatly, if I magnify by a factor 2 it
     tiles the image in both directions, resulting in an image containing
     (2x2)x(2x2) = 16 renderers instead instead of 2x2 renderers of double
     resolution!

   o Somewhere I read that I might use antialiasing instead. Unfortunatly,
      though I do vtkRenderWindow.SetAAFrames(16), only one of my
      four renderers is rendered with this setting.

It seems that both methods are inconsistent,
as the accept a renderer and act on the window instead, and the reverse.

 I will look into producing print in other way, but I am not sure which way
to go now as I expect this is not yet fixed. If you have any ideas, please
enlighten me :o)

  regards, Jan...