SV: [vtkusers] Transformation of imported objects

johan.winell at dynamics.saab.se johan.winell at dynamics.saab.se
Wed Jul 4 01:59:10 EDT 2001

Hello again Prabhu,

can you plese send me a code example of how you traverse the renders of the
renderwindow and how you find the new actor.

Best Regards

/Johan Winell

-----------------------

hi,

    JW> Hello Prabhu, I am not sure I understand what you mean.

    JW> How can I get hold of the actors created by the importer.

That is a good question.  If you just want to rotate/zoom the model in
a viewer using a RenderWindow and an interactor as done in the
flamingo example then you can zoom/scale by moving around the camera.
Obtaining the actors is a little work but defintely possible.

What I do is the following:

 (1) before I import the 3DS file I traverse through the renderers of
 the renderwindow and get all the actors from each renderer.

 (2) Import the 3DS file.

 (3) Again do step 1.  Find the difference in the set of actors
 between what you do now and did in step 1 and whats left gives you
 the actors imported by the 3DS importer.

It works and I use this for importing VRML and 3DS files in MayaVi --
http://mayavi.sf.net

The 3DS stuff is implemented only in the CVS tree but the VRML
importer works for the standard download.

prabhu

Hello Prabhu,

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

How can I get hold of the actors created by the importer.

/Johan