[vtkusers] Re: vtk3.2 Beta configure problems and compilitation warnings

Julia Schnabel Julia.Schnabel at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 12:19:08 EST 2001

Hi, regarding some questions I had earlier on installing the new release
properly, I'm still not much wiser. This is how far I've got (see below points
for more detail):

1) solved, using the new patch as suggested by Mumit Khan :-)

2) Are these warnings normal, or could they be fixed?
/projects/local/vtk/vtk3.2_gcc/common/vtkConfigure.h:16: warning:
`_HP_NO_FAST_MACROS' redefined

3) I have been using the newest gnu gmake, as suggested by Berk Geveci, but
still that cross-configure didn't work:
gmake[1]: ../targets: Command not found
gmake[1]: *** [targets.make] Error 127
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/projects/local/vtk/vtk_test/common'
gmake: *** [build_common] Error 2

As a sideline, vtkFloatPoints.h is not included in vtk.h any longer. Nothing
serious, but why?

Thanks in advance,
Julia

--
Julia A. Schnabel, Ph.D.
Computational Imaging Science Group    Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 2721
Guy's Hospital, King's College London  mailto:julia.schnabel at kcl.ac.uk
London SE1 9RT, UK                     http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/j.schnabel/