[vtkusers] newbie: visualstudio project

P.T.Kenter P.T.Kenter at ITS.TUDelft.NL
Fri Jan 12 12:00:39 EST 2001

Hi All.

I'm new to the Microsoft Visual c++ IDE as well as to the VTK. I installed
the VTK 3.1 and borrowed the VTK 2.0 userguide. The only way I was able to
compile the cone.cxx example was to add it to the testproject that came
with the microsoft c++ include files and libraries. (from vtk312cpp.exe)
I wasn't able to create a testproject myself.

So my question is:
How can i compile the examples in visual studio 6.0?

Or more specific:

What type of project should i create to run the examples?
What is the best way to indicate what the include and lib directory is?
Any other actions necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Pepin Kenter.