[vtkusers] Java rpm missing libXt.so ?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Jan 11 06:44:06 EST 2001

hi,

    Randy> Right.  I know where libXt.so is located on my machine.  My
    Randy> point, however, was that it's not part of libvtkJava.so --
    Randy> which means when vtkPanel loads this lib, this problem
    Randy> arises.  I went ahead and rebuilt libvtkJava.so myself,
    Randy> with libXt.so, and then my app works fine.  I just wanted
    Randy> to point out this apparent problem to Kitware.

I guess that it is a bug in the .spec file.   One needs to add -lXt to
the X_EXTRA_LIBS in the user.make patch file.

If I get some time this weekend I will see if I can update teh spec
file.

prabhu

P.S. Will Schroeder said that my makefile changes would come up in the
CVS tree - but I am yet to see them... :( It would help making nicer
rpms...