[vtkusers] HELP: Problem getting number of points.

Allan Loh lohawk at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 9 22:01:07 EST 2001

Hi all!

  I'm hoping someone out there can give me a hand with this problem I'm
having.
I'm trying to write a surface registration program, but I'm having problems
getting the number of points in each vtkPolyData.
  A code fragment is below..

  	objInput[REF] = vtkOBJReader::New();
	objInput[REF]->SetFileName(refSurfaceFileName);
	objInput[REF]->Update();

	numPoints = objInput[REF]->GetOutput()->GetNumberOfPoints();

  However, no matter what I seem to do, numPoints is always 0.
  A PrintSelf(...) of the objInput shows that it has 20904 points,
and rendering the objInput displays the model.

  I'm near my wits end trying to figure out where I'm making my mistake,
and if anyone could help me out here, I'd appreciate it lots.

Thanks in advance

Allan