[vtkusers] link error building vtktcl

Wolfram H Volpi whv88240 at Bayou.UH.EDU
Tue Feb 27 04:49:02 EST 2001

I am still having a link error building a tcl wrapper for my new VTK
class.  Any suggestions on how to trouble shout this will be greatly
appreciated.

The link error seems to be for the first class in the vtktcl library.

   Creating library ..\lib/vtktcl.lib and object ..\lib/vtktcl.exp
   vtktclgraphicsobjs.lib(vtkAxesTcl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkAxes *
__cdecl vtkAxes::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkAxes@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
	..\lib/vtktcl.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

VTK-Tcl builds fine without the new class.
VTK (without tcl) builds fine with the new class.
But when I build vtk-tcl with the new class, the above error comes up.

Now the strange part.  When I remove the new class from the Makefile.in,
I am be back to the original vtk library that previously built fine.
But when I build, the same error persists.
Then I delete the vtkbin directory and rebuild vtk, it links fine.

I am using VTK 3.1, pcmaker, on Visual Studio 6.0 C++, NT4.0.
My new class is a variation of vtkSphere.
I also get the same problem with other modified VTK classes that in the
past, have linked fine.

Thank you for your help,
Wolfv.