[vtkusers] Deleting Cells from a vtkPolyData object

Robert Stein rstein at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 23 16:23:26 EST 2001

Hello Everyone,

         Can someone give me a pointer to what the "right" way to remove
cells from a vtkPolyData object is...  I've tried the
vtkPolyData::DeleteCell(int cellId) method, but it doesn't seem to really
do anything in my case (I'm probably just using it wrong)  Do I need to
call DeleteCells() after calling DeleteCell(int cellId)?  What about
BuildCells(), when should this be called? I'm also a little confused about
what the differences between DeleteCell(), RemoveCellReference() and
RemoveReferenceToCell() are...  If anyone could help me out and clarify
these things a little that would be great!

Thanks a lot,

Rob

Robert J. Stein
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
National Center For Supercomputing Applications
University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign
rstein at ncsa.uiuc.edu
(217) 244-7584