[vtkusers] Tracking progress of filters, etc.

johnny carroll norris jnorris at csar.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 19 15:05:43 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to add a few bells and whistles to my application, and one of the
things I'd like to do is provide a progress indicator, so that the user can
see what's happening, and how far along it is.  Unfortunately, a number of
the vtk filters that I'm using never call UpdateProgress during their
execution.  vtkGeometryFilter and vtkCutter are two of the filters lacking
these calls.  Are there any plans to add calls to UpdateProgress to the
filters that currently lack them?

I'm using vtk3.2, BTW.

Thanks,
John