[vtkusers] Internal vtkLandmarkTransform matrix

George Kamucha kamucha at hfm.e-technik.uni-kassel.de
Fri Feb 16 09:20:11 EST 2001

Hi all,
I am using the vtksbIterativeClosestPointTransform to obtain a
registration transform between two data sets. When I  provide a rotation
or a translation to one data set in a particular direction (either a
long X, Y or Z), I am able to analyse the resulting transformations from
the internal LandmarkTransform matrix, and the program is working
wonderfully.  But when I use a data set which has to be rotated along
all the three axis in the registration process, I obtain a matrix which
I have not been able to resolve in order to obtain the particular
rotations along the three axis:  X, Y and Z . The translation is
straight forward but how can I get these other parameters? In essence,
what is the order of rotation in the vtkLandmarkTransform matrix? Please
assist.

Regards

George