[vtkusers] Can VTK use other GUI tools?

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-vtk at barre.nom.fr
Tue Feb 13 14:45:21 EST 2001

At 13/02/2001 14:03, David D. Marshall wrote:
>OK.  After making promises that I would do it, I have finally but up a VERY
>rough web page with my updated wxVTKWindow class at
>http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte552m/wxVTKWindow.html.  This is the same
>version that I sent to Marco and have tested it on a variety of wx/vtk/OS
>combinations (see webpage for details).  Any comments/questions are welcome.

Provided that set up all paths correctly and that you replace all instances
of :

#include "vtk/somevtkclass.h"

by

#include "somevtkclass.h"

...it will compile, but will still fail to link when plugged in your
previous example.dsw archive, with various "unresolved reference" when
linked again wx22_5 + Windows 2000. Puzzling.

Another question is : how does it compare with the wxVTkRenderWindow class
provided with wxPython ? This python wrapup seems to work great, and is a
childplay to install and use :)