[vtkusers] Choice of PC's

Volpe, Christopher R (CRD) volpecr at crd.ge.com
Wed Feb 7 10:53:05 EST 2001

I know the imaging pipeline is set up to work multi-threaded, and the graphics pipeline might be
also, but I don't know how many real filters actually take advantage of it. Also, if you're not doing
a lot of data manipulation (filter execution), just fast viewing of existing data, then taking
advantage of multiple CPUs would require a graphics card whose display drivers have multi-threaded
capability (like, for example, 3DLabs's Oxygen series with its PowerThreads (TM) drivers.