[vtkusers] Python, Windows, VTK DLL problem

eric jones ej at ee.duke.edu
Tue Feb 6 18:59:06 EST 2001

The pre-compiled VTK extension modules at the VTK site are built for Python
1.5x.  It looks like your using Python 2.0.  Unfortuantely, extension
modules for the two versions are incompatible with each other.

Does anyone have the binaries for VTK built for Python2.0 out there?  It'd
be a big help if they were made available.

I guess the he best solution is for the nightly build process to build both
versions so that they are both available for download.  If this isn't going
to happen soon, maybe a note should be added to the VTK download page
indicating which version of Python to use with the binary.

eric jones