[vtkusers] Getting text to follow the active camera.

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Feb 1 06:52:21 EST 2001

Hi Andrew-

Every vtkDataSet (and subclasses) respond to the GetBounds() method. So:

vtkDataSetReader reader
reader SetFileName yadaya
set bounds [[reader GetOutput] GetBounds]
set numPoints [[reader GetOutput] GetNumberOfPoints]

At this point you could connect the rest of the filters to the reader. The
GetOutput
method in this filter has the side effect of causing the reader to execute
(because the
output type is not known without reading the file).  Note there are more
specialized
GetOutput() methods (e.g., GetPolyDataOutput()) which allow you to hook up
filters
that take specialized input.

Will