[vtkusers] Getting text to follow the active camera.

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Thu Feb 1 00:05:27 EST 2001

I am reading in data using the vtkDataSetReader class. How do I determine
the number of points and the bounds of the data?
To get the bounds I am creating a temporary vtkDataSetMapper object and
using the GetBounds function and then deleting the object (I am not sure
that this is the best way!). But I don’t know how to determine the number of
points. I need this information before the pipeline processing begins.

Is there something that I can feed the output of vtkDataSetReader into to
get this information?

If you have an answer, many thanks in advance!!

Andrew