[vtkusers] vtk install prob. with python/windows

Rene Jensen chilopoda at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 30 19:03:52 EST 2001

I've downloaded and installed the files vtk40Core and vtk40Python from the
'wintel precompiled binaries' section.
But when I try 'import vtk' after starting python, it complains
(ImportError) that there is a dll that it can't find (without specifying
which one, but the error-text reads 'from vtkCommonPython import *' so i'll
guess that's the one)

I've tried copying all dll's from both Core and Python packages everywhere,
into win/system, to the python dir etc. No luck.

Any suggestions ?

Rene Jensen