[vtkusers] Any plans to provide a Ruby API?

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Fri Aug 24 13:52:29 EDT 2001

I've heard rumours that the Kitware is planning to completely
re-vamp the VTK wrapping process sometime in the future.  If
this rumour is accurate, then addition of new wrapper languages
will be easier after the new wrapping process is in place.

If the Ruby C-interface is similar to Python, and if Ruby supports
the same gamut of numerical types as Python, you might want to
try modifying the Python wrappers to work with Ruby.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group