[vtkusers] interactor ->good render, non-interactive render->poor quality

James C. Moore jmoore at qn.net
Tue Aug 21 18:31:26 EDT 2001

I've scoured the documentation (except the source) and have yet to resolve
this problem which has puzzled and now plagues me.  If there is a simple
answer, I would love to know it:

When rendering a 3-d polydata scene, if the camera is controlled with the
interactor, the renders all look proper.  If I write a script to move the
camera through the exact same path, the faces are not rendered properly.
They appear to flicker as if the lighting is not being calculated properly
and sometimes the faces appear to disappear.  One touch from the interactor
and they re-appear, properly rendered as before.   I'm using the default
light,camera, interactor, and only setting the opacity of the objects (set
to 1.0 for the test).

I am using on vtk3.2 on Windoze and Linux.   I'm not sure if it does this
on LInux, but it is PRONOUNCED in windows.

Any advice would appreciated.  Send address for cash reward...  (except for
Will, because this is probably his fault  :))

Jim
--
James C. Moore, Ph.D.