[vtkusers] Stereo on an ONYX3400

David E. Jones jonesde at rainbow.es.dupont.com
Wed Aug 1 12:35:38 EDT 2001

A. Meijster wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have a brand new ONYX 3400 with shutter glasses. We
> are able to run several 3D stereo demo's from SGI, and were also
> able to compile some on stereo glut programs.
>
> Now my problem. I compiled VTK for this machine,
> and tried to use the stereo capabilities by simply
> pressing '3' in the render window. Then the system
> replies (on stderr) that the system has
> not Crystal glasses capabilities. In my view this should
> be working on an ONYX, since GL-stereo is obviously
> supported. Anyone got this working?
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Arnold Meijster (a.meijster at rc.rug.nl)

 I recently used vtk Crystal Eyes stereo on my Octane and I had to
give this commend to enter stereo:

    /usr/gfx/setmon -n 1024x768_96s

This resulted in "stereo in a window" which is really nice because
 nothing outside the window that you're interested in is affected.

To get out of stereo I had to give this command:

   /usr/gfx/setmon -n 1280x1024_72

See "man setmon" for details.   I don'know if the Onyx  3400 works the
same way as the Octane MXI I used.

Good Luck,
Dave

--