[vtkusers] StreamLine termination

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 26 14:55:37 EDT 2001

I imagine someone can answer this question quicker than I can figure it out
looking at code...

I have a StructuredGrid with a vector field, however the SG has a discontinuity
in it.  (Imagine a 2D SG that's more dense along the diagonal, and then
translate/replicate this in X so as to create a discontinuity at the join.  If
you want to see an image of my situation, see
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~heiland/vtk/Stream )

My question:  why does it seem that the streamer continues across the
discontinuity only at/near where the vertices match up, or when going from a
less dense region to a more dense region?  It's as if the streamer integration
is doing something strange with its interpolation scheme.

I've played with the StepLength, IntegrationStepLength, and
MaximumPropagationTime, but to no avail.

thanks,
--Randy