Subject: [vtkusers] vtkMarchingCubes

Ben Baojun Li ben_bj_li at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 13:39:03 EDT 2001

> Message: 3
> From: xusheng77 <xusheng77 at sina.com>
> To: vtkusers at public.kitware.com
> Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:10:15 +0800
> Subject: [vtkusers] vtkMarchingCubes
>
> Hi, ereryone.
>
> I want to learn how to use vtkMarchingCubes. The online manual told
> me that I should read the example code of
> vtk32-src-windows/patented/examplescxx/medical1.cxx. I run the code
> on my computer but it always makes mistakes. I use a personal
> computer and the operating system is VC++6.0.
>
> These are the steps I have taken:
> 1. open medical1.cxx in VC++6.0
> 2. Tools=>Options->Directoriries, I specified the directories of
> include files and library files.
> 3. Build->compile medical1.cxx. VC++ creats a default workspace
> project. And it appears: medical1.obj-0 errors, 0 warnings.
> 4. Project->Settings->Link, I add vtkdll.lib in the space titled
> 'Object/Library modules'.
> 5. Build->build medical1.exe, And it appears:
> Linking...
> medical1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
> vtkMarchingCubes::SetValue(int,float)"
> (__imp_?SetValue at vtkMarchingCubes@@QAEXHM at Z)
> medical1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkMarchingCubes *
> __cdecl vtkMarchingCubes::New(void)"
> (__imp_?New at vtkMarchingCubes@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
> Debug/medical1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.
> medical1.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>
> I am a novice at VTK. Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sheng Xu

It seems to me the project couldn't find the required lib files
(vtkdll.dll and vtklib.lib). You probably want to check if the
directories are set correctly. The easiest way to fix it is to copy
both lib files to the working directory because by default the project
will search in this directory.

Baojun Li