[vtkusers] vtkMarchingCubes

xusheng77 xusheng77 at sina.com
Tue Apr 24 03:10:15 EDT 2001

Hi, ereryone.

I want to learn how to use vtkMarchingCubes. The online manual told me that I should read the example code of vtk32-src-windows/patented/examplescxx/medical1.cxx. I run the code on my computer but it always makes mistakes. I use a personal computer and the operating system is VC++6.0.

These are the steps I have taken:
1. open medical1.cxx in VC++6.0
2. Tools=>Options->Directoriries, I specified the directories of include files and library files.
3. Build->compile medical1.cxx. VC++ creats a default workspace project. And it appears: medical1.obj-0 errors, 0 warnings.
4. Project->Settings->Link, I add vtkdll.lib in the space titled 'Object/Library modules'.
5. Build->build medical1.exe, And it appears:
Linking...
medical1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkMarchingCubes::SetValue(int,float)" (__imp_?SetValue at vtkMarchingCubes@@QAEXHM at Z)
medical1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkMarchingCubes * __cdecl vtkMarchingCubes::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkMarchingCubes@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Debug/medical1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
medical1.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I am a novice at VTK. Thanks a lot in advance.

Sincerely,

Sheng Xu