[vtkusers] KDevelop and RH Linux 6.2

Gerald Dalley dalleyg at dma.org
Fri Apr 20 12:20:09 EDT 2001

I am currently porting a non-graphical VTK application from Windows to
Linux.  Using KDevelop, I have been able to get it ported and working for
RedHat Linux 7.0.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to get it to work with
RH6.2.  I get the following error message upon execution:
	BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dl-version.c: 210: _dl_check_map_versions:
Assertio
	n `needed != ((void *)0)' failed!

I have the following pertinent RPMs installed on my RH 6.2 system:
	vtk-3.2-3
	vtk-java-3.2-3
	vtk-tcl-3.2-3
	vtk-devel-3.2-3
	vtk-examples-3.2-3
	kdevelop-1.2-1

I have tried using the 7.0 executable, doing a clean make from the command
line on 6.2, and doing a clean make from kdevelop under 6.2.  All give the
same results when trying to run under 6.2.  I have compiled the
graphics/examplesCxx and they work fine.

Any ideas other than upgrading all of our machines to RH 7.0?

--Gerald Dalley
  Signal Analysis and Machine Perception Lab
  The Ohio State University
  dalleyg at ee.eng.ohio-state.edu