[vtkusers] Patented i.e. Marching cubes in Win32/Java

James L. Preston jlp at apti.com
Fri Apr 20 11:48:43 EDT 2001

I am using vtkJava on a WIndows 2000 platform, and of course, I am very
excited about it.
I want to find some isosurfaces in a data cube, and do other volume
rendering sorts of things.
It appears that the libVtkPatented is not in the windows dll or
vtkJava.dll distribution.
Before I try and install the source, I was hoping to find out if this
stuff is in the win32 source
package.  There are other packages out there with isosurface extraction,
I believe. Does anyone know
if there are plans to remove the patent restrictions on the vtk libs.

thanks,
jlp