[vtkusers] alpha transparency: image to texture

Jan Vittrup Hansen Jan.Vittrup at Person.dk
Thu Apr 19 07:25:35 EDT 2001

Hi,

  I need to map some monochrome texturemaps with the output from a rendering
of a sphere. This I've managed to do by straight application of the
vtkWindowToImageFilter. Only the background is included in the texturemap,
where I'd much rather have transparency. Naively I tried the following approach
only to get a core dump when I try to render using the map - am I missing
something? (btw: I try to create a monochrome image with alpha transparency -
i.e. 2 bytes per pixel)

 Regards, Jan...
    filter = vtkWindowToImageFilter()
    filter.SetInput(renderWindow)