[vtkusers] re: Help on Financial Data Visualization

Matthew Pastizzo mp1984 at csc.albany.edu
Mon Apr 16 15:43:26 EDT 2001

Hi all!

I am using the Financial Data visualization
framework to display data.  This data includes
6+ variables.  Of course, only three variables
can be displayed (x-y-z) on the axes.  I have
added a user interface that allows the user
to specify and dynamically change which
variable is displayed on each axis.  ONE
PROBLEM: HOW CAN I TELL VTK TO
UPDATE THE RENDERING OF THE
X-Y-Z PLOT????  When I try to change the
axes I cannot get the renderer to re-render
the plot using the currently specified variables.
Also I should tell you that I am using TCL/TK
to program.  It seems that there should be
a way to recreate the pipeline dynamically.

Thanks for your help!

Matt
Cognitive Psychology
University at Albany, S.U.N.Y.