[vtkusers] reading datasets.

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 5 17:00:54 EDT 2001

Here is a simple question for you. I have an application for visualizing
structured points.
I enter a file name and the structured points reader reads the file and I
merrily examine my
data. Now if I change the file name to read a file that is larger than the
one I am reading I
get some error messages about the "Update extent does not lie within whole
extent". I can
still examine the data in the new data set. The application seems to
recover from what ever
sin I have committed. However, it appears that I am doing something
fundamentally wrong
and I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions. Should I destroy
the pipeline
downstream of the reader and recreate it every time I enter a new file
name? That doesnt sound
quite right to me.

Best Regards
Dave Semeraro