[vtkusers] Problems with Pickers

Carlos Martinez Burgos cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Tue Apr 3 12:56:53 EDT 2001

Hi again.

I'm programing in Java. I use pickers to select actors and I have noticed
that the pickers don't work as I like.

I use a CellPicker and when I run the Pick method on the renderer, it
picks on the first actor whose bounding box has hited. If I have a big
actor in front of a smaller one and I point to the smaller the first is
picked because its bounding box is in front.

I use a PointPicker to select points from a point cloud (polydata). When I
run the Pick method I get ids but there are no points around in some
distance.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I do it?

Perhaps I don't explain myself. If you want I can send you an image (not
to the mail list).

Thanks.

PS: Uff. My english is poor.

Carlos Martínez Burgos      |     Instituto Tecnológico de Informática
Ingeniero Informático       |      Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Tlf: +34 963877237          |                        Camí de Vera, S/N
cmarbur at iti.upv.es          |                   46071 Valencia - Spain
www.iti.upv.es/~cmarbur     |                           www.iti.upv.es