[vtkusers] vtkGaussianSplat

Patrick Lowry plowry at scotia-group.com
Mon Oct 30 10:03:48 EST 2000

Hi Bill:

That was a quick response!  Thanks.

Yes it is just summation.  The values that are summed are the values of the
splats where they are intersected by the sampling grid.  If the input data
are not coincident and their splats overlap at the sampling point then each
splat will contribute a value between zero and the peak splat value (set by
the scale factor).  The sum of these will then be the kernel density at the
sampling point.

Thanks for your help.  I have references if you would like.

Patrick Lowry
The Scotia Group