[vtkusers] the next unsatisfiedLinkError (no vtkJava in java.library.path)

Karin Faulhaber faulhabe at ipf.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Oct 25 14:20:52 EDT 2000

Jeff Lee wrote:

> You may want to set the CLASSPATH environment variable to
> $VTK_HOME/java as well as the current directory.  Something like
> "setenv CLASSPATH /home/me/vtk/java:."  libvtkJava.so is in that
> directory, and the package is defined with respect to that directory.
> Hope that helps,
> -Jeff

Hi,

thanks, but my CLASSPATH IS on $VTK_HOME/java, and for some reason there
ISN'T libvtkJava.so in this directory ...
In fact it isn't there at all:

root at ipfc:/usrc2/image/faulhabe/vtk31 > find . -name *.so
./common/libVTKCommon.so
./common/libVTKCommonJava.so
./contrib/libVTKContrib.so
./contrib/libVTKContribJava.so
./graphics/libVTKGraphics.so
./graphics/libVTKGraphicsJava.so
./imaging/libVTKImaging.so
./imaging/libVTKImagingJava.so
./my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKCommonJava.so
./my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKCommon.so
./my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKContribJava.so
./my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKContrib.so
./my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKGraphicsJava.so
./my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKGraphics.so
./my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKImagingJava.so
./my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKImaging.so

(the bottom half are my links of course).

Some more suggestions?
Thanks!
Karin