newbee question

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Wed Mar 29 14:01:41 EST 2000

Don:

There is an example in the book (Data Representation chapter, I think)
on constructing
a polydata object. If you want to us one of the data grids, dont start
with vtkDataSet - which
is an abstract data type. Instead start with one of the grids, such as
StructuredPoints,
StructuredGrid, UnstructuredGrid - each of which (except the first,
which doesnt need
points to be specified)  should have a GetPoints() method to get a
handle to the Points
Array. Follow that you will be home.

For example, object->GetPoints()->SetPoint (id, v), where v is a 3
element array of coordinates.

Or something close to it (I am writing from memory)..

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 547-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 547-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs