How to slice through a data volume and a UnstructuregGrid

Matthieu Ferrant ferrant at tele.ucl.ac.be
Wed Mar 29 08:56:23 EST 2000

Hi fabrice,

I ran into the same problem a while ago, and ended up showing the images as
polydata 2DActors. I did render the output of the cutter, as well as the
image data as polydata. You need to use vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter
to transform the image data into polydata. Be very careful when cutting the
image along orthogonal planes, you need to rotate them to the viewing
plane. Then use a vtkPolyDataMapper2D and eventually display it as a
vtkActor2D. It worked pretty well for me, I built a pretty nice orthogonal
viewer this way.

I do not know if there is a better way to do this. Has anyone out there
another suggestion ?

Don't hesitate to ask for more info if you cannot get it working !

best,

matt

Fabrice Vincent wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to visualize slice by slice my data volume (Magnetic Resonance
> stack of slices)  and at the same time, see in the image plane the
> polygons resulting from the intersection of this plane with an
> unstructuredGrid  (to check for example if the unstructuredGrid fits to
> some specific object in the data).
>
> I know how to view slice by slice some data with a  vtkImageReader and
> a vtkImageRenderer.
> I know how to cut an unstructedGrid with, for example, a vtkCutter.
>
> My question is : how can  I draw the output of the vtkCutter in the
> vtkImageRenderer ?
> ( And if it is not possible, is there another way to do the wole thing?)
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Fabrice VINCENT
>
> CREATIS (CNRS UMR 5515), INSA 502, 69621 Villeurbanne, FRANCE
> email: fabrice.vincent at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
> tel: 04 72 43 83 83 poste 53 59

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.

M.Ferrant - Ph.D. Student
UCL/TELE Room A-157 Place du Levant, 2 B-1348LLN - Belgium
Tel. +32-10-478073 Fax. : +32-10-472089
http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/MEMBERS/Ferrant_Matthieu_e.html
"info vtkusers" to the same address.