newbee question

Casteel, Don dcasteel at TAC.Textron.com
Tue Mar 28 15:37:18 EST 2000

I've reviewed the documentation and the examples, but I can't seem to find
one missing piece of information.

I have a group of raw coordinates(x,y,z triplets), and scalar values for
these coordinates(floats).

I want to generate the volumetric data from the raw information, where the
scalar values are blended smoothly.

I just can't seem to figure out from the documentation how to get there from
here. And I'm not finding any examples that don't use pre-existing volume
data.

I've been able to use vtkPointSource to work out how to display the volume,
but PointSource generates the volume from random points as PolyData for me.

So, if someone can give me a pointer or two for how to go from raw points
and values to a blended volume it should fill in the missing pieces of the
puzzle.

Thanks in advance.

Don Casteel

Manufacturing Engineer
TEXTRON Automotive Company -- Athens Operations
	Voice:	(423)744-1109
	Fax:	(423)744-1112
	Pager:	(423)744-1129  -- 109
		Internet:	dcasteel at tac.textron.com