Problems with vtk3.1

Patrick de Koning patrick at lkeb.azl.nl
Tue Mar 28 01:51:06 EST 2000

Tian-Qing Ye wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an application which was working with vtk2.4.
> Today I have installed the vtk3.1 and recompile my
> application. Then it doesn't work correctly anymore!
>
> With vtk2.4 I have vtkStrucuturedPoints as the
> input for the vtkImageViewer. With vtk3.1 it doesn't
> like the vtkStructuredPoints as input. Ok, I have changed
> it (simplly substituted the vtkStructuredPoints by vtkImageData)
> to use vtkImageData as the input for vtkImageViewer.
> Then I, instead of getting an image, just got a black
> viewer!
>
> My scheme is something like the following:
>
> First created a vtkScalars scalars;
> Then:
> vtkImageData vol->SetDimensions(img.imgsize, img.imgsize, img.imgsize);
>              vol->SetOrigin(0., 0., 0.);
>              vol->SetSpacing(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
>              vol->GetPointData()->SetScalars(scalars);
> vtkImageViewer viewer->SetInput(vol);
>                viewer->SetZSlice(index);
>                vtkActor2D *imgActor = viewer->GetActor2D();
>                rend->AddActor2D(imgActor);
>                renW->Render();
>
> Anyone can kindly point out why it doesn't work anymore?
> As I said, it worked fine with vtk2.4(with StructuredPoints instead of
> ImageData)!

I hav had the same problems, and I solved it by inserting the line:
		vol->SetUpdateExtent(0, img.imgsize-1, 0, img.imgsize-1, 0,
img.imgsize-1);

Hope it works.

> Thanks!
>
> T. Ye

Ir. P.J.H. de Koning			Leiden University Medical Center
Department of Radiology, C2S		Division of Image Processing
P.O. Box 9600				2300 RC  LEIDEN
the Netherlands				Tel. +31-71-5266206
Fax +31-71-5266801			Email patrick at lkeb.azl.nl

"He who laughs last, thinks slowest"