questions about nightly releases

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Sun Mar 26 18:28:56 EST 2000

At 10:44 PM 3/25/00 -0500, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>Paul,
>I'm quite sure that the Wintel binaries are not automatically updated each
>night. I know that the linux RPM's
>are up-to-date because they are part of the nightly build process. Ken
>does the Wintel binaries, but I believe
>he does it manually.

The nightly Wintel binaries are fully automatic except I shut down the CVS
update when doing the 3.1 beta release.  The nightly files right now are
identical to the VTK 3.1 files. VTK 3.1 is final so I'll uncomment the CVS
update line part of the nightly builds. I was waiting to write up a VTK 3.1
announcement  indicating what has changed but I don't have time to put it
together so I'll just email out a quickie. When I get to work tomorrow I'll
uncomment CVS update for the nightlies.

- Ken

"info vtkusers" to the same address.