vtkStripper problems

jnorris at uiuc.edu jnorris at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 24 12:26:49 EST 2000

Hello,

I read on the list that some graphics accelerators work better with triangle
strips than with triangles, and that passing your polydata through
vtkTriangleFilter and vtkStripper could yield a performance increase.
Unfurtunately, I get a different image when I put the vtkStripper in the
pipeline (at least when using a vtkLookupTable for colors).  The images are
similar, but the difference is quite apparent.  The colors are a little off,
Especially where squares were triangulated.  My pipeline looks like this:

custom reader -> vtkContourFilter -> vtkTriangleFilter -> vtkStripper ->
   vtkPolyDataMapper -> vtkActor

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
--
John Norris
Center for Simulation of Advanced Rockets
jnorris at uiuc.edu
http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/jnorris
"info vtkusers" to the same address.