Rendering problem

fmri fmri at wilma.ukbf.fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 24 06:55:21 EST 2000

Dear list members,

I tried to render a mesh and a volume in the same render window by
adding a volume and a contour to the renderer. The code is more or less
identical to 'VolCutKnee.tcl" in graphics/examplesTcl, but ported to
C++. I am using Mesa on RH Linux 6.1. Running the application results in
a segmentation fault if both entities are to be rendered. There is no
segmentation fault if either of the two entities  (the volume or the
contour) are rendered.
To exclude errors due to my modifications to the extent possible I also
tried VolCutKnee.tcl and VolcutKnee.py and observed the identical
behavior.
Maybe someone could share his/her experiences on that issue (rendering a
mesh and a volume) with me.

Is this a bug ??
How can I avoid the segmentation fault ??

Thanks a lot.

Arno R. Schleich, MS, MD
Dpt. of Otorhinolaryngology, Freie Universitaet Berlin

"info vtkusers" to the same address.