dificulties running vtk from nightly rpms in Mandrake 7.0

Jose C. Miranda jmiranda at wessex.ac.uk
Mon Mar 20 18:33:12 EST 2000

	Dear vtkers,

	I just installed Mandrake 7.0 over the weekend and I'am
having some problems running vtk with tcl (Mandrake 7.0 installs
tcl/tk 8.0.5-13).

I installed vtk using the nightly vtk-3.1-461 rpms (vtk-3.1-461.i386 and
vtk-examples-3.1-461.i386 and vtk-tcl-3.1-461.i386). After installing
them, when I try to run any *.tcl example I got the following
msg:

vtk: error in loading shared libraries: libVTKContribTcl.so:

	But it seems to me that all the libraries are in their place:

contents in usr/local/lib

libVTKCommon.so*      libVTKGraphics.so*     libVTKPatented.so*
libVTKCommonTcl.so*   libVTKGraphicsTcl.so*  libVTKPatentedTcl.so*
libVTKContrib.so*     libVTKImaging.so*      vtk/
libVTKContribTcl.so*  libVTKImagingTcl.so*

	Any ideas?  Any help would be deeply appreciated.
	Thanks.

	Jose C.

Jose C. Miranda
jmiranda at wessex.ac.uk