problem

Lili Liu lliu at odd21.cs.ohiou.edu
Thu Mar 16 16:33:49 EST 2000

I'm trying to write a vtkXWindowInteractor LeftButtonPressMethod,
LeftButtonReleaseMethod, to collect the uppdated actor's origin and
normal. The funtions can be called, but the actor I picked didn't rotated
as I expected. Would someone tell me what wrong about it? Thank you
very much.

The funtions like the following:

vtkXRenderWindowInteractor *iren;
vtkXRenderWindow *renWin;

void RotateCallBack(void *arg);
void RotateNullCallBack(void *arg);
void LeftButtonPressCallBack(void *arg);
void LeftButtonReleaseCallBack(void *arg);

void main()
{
   renWin = vtkXRenderWindow::New();
   iren =vtkXRenderWindowInteractor::New();
     iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);
     iren->SetActorModeToActor();

..
..
   iren->Initialize();
     iren->SetLeftButtonPressMethod(LeftButtonPressCallBack, NULL);
     iren->SetLeftButtonReleaseMethod(LeftButtonReleaseCallBack, NULL);
   iren->Start();
..
}

void RotateCallBack( void *arg)
{
cout<<"**\n";
  iren->StartRotate();
//  iren->Modified();
  renWin->Render();

}

void RotateNullCallBack(void *arg)
{
cout<<"&&\n";
  iren->EndRotate();
  renWin->Render();

//  iren->Modified();
cout<<"%%%\n";
}

void LeftButtonPressCallBack(void *arg)
{
  iren->SetTimerMethod(RotateCallBack, NULL);
  iren->StartTimer();
  iren->Modified();
  renWin->Render();
}

void LeftButtonReleaseCallBack(void *arg)
{
  iren->EndTimer();
  iren->SetTimerMethod(RotateNullCallBack, NULL);
  renWin->Render();
//  iren->Modified();
}

"info vtkusers" to the same address.