vtkAxisActor2D problems

Igor Fridman pnin22 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 14:34:13 EST 2000

Hello, I've discovered several things in
vtkAxisActor2D that may be incorrect.  I am using vtk
from Python

1)  When one sets the range of the axis via SetRange()
to a non-integer number, the actor's ComputeRange
method finds an appropriate range, often different
from the one specified.  However, this doesnt seem to
update the private variable for range, because when I
use GetRange(), it returns the range that I specified,
but not the range that the actor is actually using.

2)  When setting the actor's title to a string with
endlines ( like "Y\n\nA\nX\nI\nS" ), the title's font
doesnt resize correctly when the window size is
changed; instead, the font size stays the same.  If
the \n are taken out, it resizes correctly.

Please correct the code if necessary.

Thanks

=====
Igor Fridman

Naval Research Laboratory
Vacuum Electronics Branch Code 6841
4555 Overlook Ave. S.W., Washington, DC 20375, USA
"info vtkusers" to the same address.