[Fwd: Dynamically loading vtk into Tcl/Tk]

Matt Clarkson m.clarkson at boris.umds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 11:01:44 EST 2000

Hi there David and the vtk list

	We have two versions of vtk, one compiled with Sun's CC,cc and
one with gnu g++/gcc.
I tried to create the dynamically loadable library, as suggested below.
In a nutshell, it works with the g++ version, but not with the CC
compiled
version?  The configuration is essentially the same, so, has
anyone else found this with a Sun CC compiled version?
Any other suggestions? I do need the Sun CC version to work.

Typically:

with the Sun CC version:

/projects/local/vtk/vtk2.4/tcl 68 %wish
% load ./vtktcl
couldn't load file "./vtktcl": ld.so.1: wish: fatal: relocation error:
file /projects/local/vtk/vtk2.4/lib/libVTKContribTcl.so: symbol cerr:
referenced symbol not found
%

with the Gnu g++ version:

/projects/local/vtk/vtk2.4_gcc/tcl 36 %wish
% load ./vtktcl
%

All the libraries are dynamic .so ones, and all the paths/ environements
seem OK. It really does seem to be a compiler problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Matt

--
Computational Imaging Science Group
Radiological Sciences,