picking and dragging actors..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Fri Mar 10 19:38:57 EST 2000

I am trying to pick some actors and drag them across the screen (never
done this before
(except for point picking using the PointPicker)..

There are methods like Pickable and Dragable  in vtkProp.  I am not sure
if I need
to use these. What I had thought  of doing was to identify the actors
that were picked,
and then use the mouse functions (in vtkInteractorStyle) to identify the
current mouse
coordinates (OnMouseMove(), for instance) and use these to translate the
actors. Is this reasonable?

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 547-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 547-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs