Borland C++Builder

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 05:02:48 EST 2000

Links should be as follows

http://users.rcru.rl.ac.uk/jab53/vtk/BCBvtkCxxWizard.zip
for building vtk into packages

http://users.rcru.rl.ac.uk/jab53/vtk/BCBvtkRenderWindow.zip
a Renderwindow component you can add to BCB palette and drop on your form

http://users.rcru.rl.ac.uk/jab53/vtk/BCBvtkDemo.zip
A demo of the two above.

Two possible problems you may encounter are
you must define STRICT to force the compiler to strongly type HWND to be
distinct from void *

The following macro appears in the odd place
#define vtkIsTypeMacro(type,object) (dynamic_cast<type*>((vtkObject*)object))
and is omitted from the headers.

you must read the details in the web page
http://users.rcru.rl.ac.uk/jab53/vtk/index.htm
to understand the context of these files. And be aware that they were
intended to run on much older versions of vtk (2.x)

My latest renderwindow component is here
http://users.rcru.rl.ac.uk/jab53/vtk/BCBvtkRenderWindow3.zip
it can be used with vtk3.x and later.

Please do not send me questions about the code. I am very busy.

Thankyou

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.