Python problems

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Thu Mar 9 21:55:24 EST 2000

Hi Maneesh,

If you want to compile with python support, you should specify
the --with-shared option.  Python should also have been built
with the --with-shared option (if python came with your system,
it probably was built --with-shared already).  Ditto for tcl/tk.

If you are compiling with gcc, you will run into problems unless
you use egcs-1.1b or later (egcs-1.1.2 is the most recent version).

The VTK-Linux-HOWTO is also a good source of info (though it is,
like most HOWTOs, a touch out of date...)

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group