problem with vtkTIFFReader

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Thu Mar 9 16:20:32 EST 2000

Hi Ahmed,

This comment is fairly interesting in light of the recent discussion
on creating a new vtkJPEGReader.

TIFF files can be broadly separated into two categories: files which
contain the whole image in one large data block, and files which break
the image into several smaller data blocks (or strips).  The
vtkTIFFReader cannot read files with multiple data strips, because
the vtkTIFFReader does not satisfy the TIFF baseline specifications.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group