I vote for a newsgroup (was : I vote against a newsgroup)

Robert Riviere Robert.Riviere at sophia.inria.fr
Fri Mar 3 03:59:35 EST 2000

Bill Lorensen wlorens1 at nycap.rr.com said:
> I agree with John. Newsgroups are full of junk mail,

I don't think you can say they are 'full' of junk. Yes, there is some, but
for me the pros (for a ng, for example threaded newsreader, )  are
stronger than the cons.

Give a look to comp.graphics.algorithms, comp.graphics.visualization
(Bill you're a poster in this ng), etc, which afaik are not moderated...
I'd tell signal/noise ratio is higher than 95 %.

Robert

"info vtkusers" to the same address.