graphics card under linux ?

klaatu klaatu at clark.net
Thu Mar 2 19:56:09 EST 2000

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Olivier CUISENAIRE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to buy a new PC that will run under linux, and I would like to
> know which graphic card you would recommend in order to use VTK under
> this OS ?

The recommended premiere accelleration card (it's not OpenGL but it's
still pretty quick) is the Matrox Millenium II G200/G400 -- but you will
have to rebuild the kernel to support it, this is not a big problem. I
think it's an excellent card for Linux PC.

> Thanks.
>
> Olivier

    Be kind to your neighbors, even though they be transgenic chimerae.
Whom thou'st vex'd waxeth wroth: Meow.      http://www.clark.net/pub/klaatu/

"info vtkusers" to the same address.