trouble loading vtk java library

Matthieu Ferrant ferrant at tele.ucl.ac.be
Wed Mar 1 12:53:57 EST 2000

> Right now, I am trying to compile vtk3.1 with java and it complains that
> vtkGeneralTransform isn't available since it hasn't gotten to that point yet.
> If I do a make -k a few times, it will eventually work.
>
> However, do you find that it redoes the java code everytime you type in make?
Absolutely ... So far, I haven't been able to change the makefiles to avoid
it ...

Also, the strange thing about this is that I somehow managed to get the
same program working on an SGI a month ago with the same environment
variables, same version of vtk, etc.

Really strange.

thanks for your reply,

matt